Erica S. Janton joined Kirshenbaum & Kirshenbaum in 2014 as an associate focusing on domestic relations, family law and mediation.
Erica graduated from Roger Williams University School of Law, cum laude, in 2013. While in law school, Erica competed for the trial team. She also successfully completed training in family, divorce and elder mediation, and received the 2013 Kathleen Birt award for distinguished performance in dispute resolution. Erica obtained her Master’s Degree from Teachers College, Columbia University in 2006, and obtained her bachelors of fine arts from Parsons The New School For Design in 2002.
Erica is presently admitted to practice in the Rhode Island and Massachusetts state courts. She is an active member of the Rhode Island and Massachusetts bar association, as well as the Edward P. Gallogly Family Court Inns of Courts and the Rhode Island Mediators Association.
Erica currently lives in North Kingstown with her husband Joe and their dog Weegee.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Relations
- Family Law
- Rhode Island
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. cum laude - 2013
- Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York
- M.A. - 2006
- Major: Art Education
- Parsons The New School For Design, New York, New York
- B.F.A. - 2002
- Major: Photography
Honors and Awards
- Kathleen Birt Award in Dispute Resolution, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Associations
- Massachusetts Bar Associations
- Edward P. Gallogly Family Court Inns of Court, Member
- Rhode Island Mediators Association, Member