Jason D. Monzack joined Kirshenbaum & Kirshenbaum in 1987 as an associate practicing in the areas of business transactions, bankruptcy, receiverships and commercial litigation. Jason became a partner at the firm in 1997 and continues his practice in business transactions, bankruptcy, receivership and commercial litigation and probate.
Jason graduated from the University of Maine School of Law in 1974 where he was a member of the Law Review. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Brown University in 1971, graduating with Honors in Engineering. He served as a Chapter 7 panel trustee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Rhode Island for 19 years.
Jason is a member of bars of the State of Rhode Island, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Rhode Island, Federal District Court for the District of Rhode Island, First Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
As one of our small business attorneys, Jason has lectured before various groups and has co-authored "Advanced Principles of Title Insurance in Rhode Island" and "Current Issues in Commercial Real Estate Leases in Rhode Island".
Areas of Practice
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Maine School of Law, Portland, Maine
- J.D. - 1974
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- SC.B - 1971
- Major: Engineering with "Honors in Engineering"
- Advanced Principles of Title Insurance in Rhode Island
- Current Issues in Commercial Real Estate Leases in Rhode Island
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Rhode Island, Chapter 7 Panel Trustee