Kirshenbaum & Kirshenbaum When You Need Workers' Compensation

If you’ve suffered a job-related injury, you may wonder if you have a workers’ compensation case. To ensure that you navigate what can be a complicated claims process, it’s important to hire legal representation to help file your claim. If filed properly and on time, your worker’s comp claim may provide financial support for lost wages, medical expenses, and disability benefits.

If you’ve been hurt at work, talk to the experienced workers’ comp lawyers at Kirshenbaum & Kirshenbaum. Contact us online, or call our Warwick office at 401-946-3200 to schedule your free consultation. Our attorneys help employees injured at work in Providence, Warwick, and all areas of Rhode Island.

If you were injured on the job in Rhode Island, there are various forms that must be completed by your employer after you report the accident. Your employer must fill out an accident report form to notify their insurance company of your injury. Failure to do so can result in legal action against the employer and a fine. Rhode Island Workers' Compensation Lawyer Kirshenbaum & Kirshenbaum

Once the accident is reported, the employer’s insurance company will then submit a report of the injury to the state’s Department of Labor and Training. This is required regardless if the employer accepts responsibility for the employee’s injury or not. If you are involved in a workers’ compensation case, you can consult with an experienced attorney to help you look over your claim and make sure that all the necessary forms are filled out and filed in a timely manner.

Employer Work Injury Forms

In Rhode Island, an employee has 30 days to report a work-related injury and two years to file a claim. Once your employer has been notified of the injury, they must report it to their workers’ comp insurance company as soon as possible. The insurance company will then file a first report of injury to determine if the employee is eligible for workers’ compensation.

If the employer fails to report your injury to their insurance company, they can face legal action and a $250 fine, and the injured employee may have a case against them for this reason. There are several forms that are required for a workers’ comp case. Some workers’ comp forms include:

Accident Investigation Report.

An accident report must be filled out by the employee’s supervisor or employer immediately after the accident, so the claim can be processed.. This report will be given to the insurance company by the employer.

First Report of Injury (FROI) Form.

After the employer contacts their insurance company about their employee’s work injury, a FROI form will be filled out by the employer’s insurance company to determine if the injury sustained is work related and if the employee is eligible to receive workers’ compensation. This type of form is submitted electronically to Rhode Island’s Department of Labor and Training.

Wage Statement Form.

A wage statement form containing employee information, claim information, length of employment, type of employment (full, part-time, or seasonal), and employee earnings as well as any bonuses or overtime pay must be filled out by the employer. This will be used to determine how much weekly workers’ compensation pay will be received by the employee.

Certificate of Dependency Form.

A certificate of dependency form is used to help calculate weekly workers’ comp benefits. It contains information such as marital status, number of dependents, and maximum number of personal exemptions.

How A Workers' Compensation Attorney Can Help Your Case

Contacting an attorney immediately after being injured on the job can help your workers’ compensation case. Since cases can be complicated, an attorney can help navigate you through the process. If you employer does not file forms in a timely manner, you could have a case against them in addition to your workers’ comp case. Under a workers’ compensation claim,  you may be entitled to receive payment for lost wages, medical expenses, and disability benefits. If a family member was fatally injured on the job, you may be eligible for death benefits. Before you file a claim, consult with an attorney for an evaluation of your case.

Have You Been Injured On The Job In  Rhode Island?

If you've been hurt at work you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Warwick office directly at 401.946.3200 to schedule your free consultation. We help work injury victims in Providence, Warwick and all areas of Rhode Island.


Christopher L. Russo
Helping Rhode Island personal injury victims for nearly three decades to get the compensation they deserve.
Post A Comment