Often times you may find yourself in a position where you have gone to court and have successfully achieved a custody and or visitation order but that after Court your ex refuses to comply with the terms of the order. If that is the case, it is inadvisable to take the law in your own hands. Some parties feel that when the other side is violating the order that in response they can withhold child support, withhold visitation rights or take other self-made remedies. Do not retaliate and kind!

If you find that your ex is not following a custody order, the best response would be to speak with your attorney, who will likely file a motion to adjudge the other parent in contempt or to seek other relief. If found in contempt, the court can issue new orders with various forms of relief, including modifications to the custody or visitation order that is being violated.

Do You Need To Speak To A Rhode Island Family Law Attorney?

If  you need to speak with an experienced Rhode Island divorce family law attorney  please contact us online or call our Warwick office directly at 401.946.3200 to schedule your free consultation. We help divorce clients in Providence, Warwick and all areas of Rhode Island.

Jesse Nason
Helping Rhode Island residents with all of their family law, divorce and child custody needs since 2006.