Your health insurance.

If you were struck while walking or cycling and do not have car insurance, you can use your health insurance to pay for the costs. If you do not have health insurance, you may qualify for state and federal assistance programs (such as Medicaid).

A third-party lawsuit.

You should always consult with an attorney after a hit-and-run crash. Even if the at-fault driver is identified and the police file criminal charges, you will still have to file a civil case in order to recover any damages.


Christopher L. Russo
Helping Rhode Island personal injury victims for nearly three decades to get the compensation they deserve.