Diversify Your Insurance Coverages

Purchasing adequate insurance is important to protecting you, your family, and those on the road before a car accident happens. Besides liability coverages such as property damage and bodily injury insurance, you may want to consider purchasing:

Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) coverage.

Rhode Island requires that every auto insurance policy offers UM coverage. If a driver wants to waive UM coverage, she must do so in writing. However, in the event you are hit by someone with too little insurance, a driver with no insurance, or a hit-and-run driver, UM coverage means your insurance company will cover your property damages and bodily injuries despite the other driver’s lack of insurance.

Comprehensive Coverage.

If your vehicle is damaged in a non-collision event—such as theft, fire, fallen tree limbs, vandalism, or a run-in with a large animal—comprehensive insurance will cover the costs of the damage after you pay your deductible.

Collision Coverage.

If you are involved in a single-vehicle accident with a light pole, a parked vehicle, or a house, for example, collision coverage pays for the repairs to your vehicle after your deductible.​


Christopher L. Russo
Helping Rhode Island personal injury victims for nearly three decades to get the compensation they deserve.