After being involved in an accident, you may decide you need an attorney. While well-meaning friends or coworkers may try to steer you toward certain law firms, their choices may not be the best fit for your case. It’s important to choose a lawyer who will give you the best chance at maximum compensation.
Tips on Hiring the Right Attorney for Your Injury Case
It’s important to choose a lawyer who best represents your interests. Here are a few ways to help determine which law firms have the necessary skill and experience for your personal injury case. The law firm should have:
- Experience with your type of injury and accident. It’s important that the attorney you choose has experience representing your type of personal injury case. For example, a car accident attorney may have a different skill set than one who handles workplace accidents.
- Experience with insurance companies. In many accident claims, the insurer will likely pay for damages if you win your case. Your attorney should be familiar with the arguments insurers use to deny or underpay claims and be able to dispute those arguments in court.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws. There are many different statues that can have a bearing on your type of claim. Not only should your lawyer be familiar with Rhode Island injury laws, he should know when they may not apply and if another law could supersede them.
- Empathy and capability. Even the most aggressive litigator should treat you with compassion and respect. When you contact a potential representative, take note of how the staff treats you, how long it takes the firm to respond to you, and whether the firm seems dedicated to helping you.
- A good reputation. When doing your research, read reviews from past clients and testimonials from people who have worked with the law firm in the past. Check the firm’s social media accounts, staff bios, and local events to see how they are regarded in the community.
- No problem answering your questions for free. The pain and frustration accident victims feel quickly lead to confusion when legal battles arise. An attorney needs to answer all your questions. That is why we offer a free initial consultation for all injury cases.
Curious About What A Rhode Island Injury Lawyer Can Do For You?
You only have limited time to file an injury case, so it’s important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Contact Kirshenbaum & Kirshenbaum via our online contact form to schedule an initial consultation at no cost to you.